Wakeup

Donna,

Quite the beautiful moment in time. I love when there’s a sliver of opening along the horizon, knowing the sun will make it’s presence known and light up the scene, even if for a few minutes. This looks like one of those moments.

After just commenting on your previous post from this place, here’s the irony of the situation where we’re concerned with photogaphing a PLACE that has been photographed a million times… yet there probably have been more sunrise/sunset pictures in the history of mankind than any other event. Events or Locations? And my response is the same - It’s a moment in time, and if it moves me, I’m going to photograph it. In fact, I look at it even further. It doesn’t matter how many sunrises we’ve seen or have been photographed, your single image, is a moment in time that will NEVER be replicated. To me, that’s special.

Back to your capture. That little splash of a wave makes all the difference with this image. Could you raise the overall illuminosity? Sure, but it’s all personal choice and vision here. The colors and processing are excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Lon