Watchful Eyes

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I took this photo while hiking recently. I went down a small ravine and saw some movement out of the corner of my eye. I look up and saw this coyote looking at me. He didn’t hold this position too long, unfortunately, but I was able to get a few photos before he started to walk from me.

Specific Feedback

The photo is heavily cropped so I am not sure if the crop works . The coyote was pretty well hidden in the high grass so I think I tight crop works best.

Technical Details

Photo was taken with the Nikon Z6 and the Z 100mm-400mm lens, and a 2.0 teleconveter. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Hi Richard. I love the stare from this coyote. Nice work getting details in both shaded and sunny areas. It appears the shady area has a bit of magenta cast to it that you might want to work on. The first post of my coatimundi was way more magenta than this is.

Thank you Ed. Thanks for the comment about the magenta coloring; it’s definitely something I can improve.