Waterfall, Gunnlock Reservoir

This photo was taken at Gunnlock Reservoir , Utah. The waterfall is created in the spring because of overflow of the reservoir so it doesn’t happen every year .

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 6D, 24mm, tripod

3 Likes

This is a beautiful image. Most of all I like the two colors and how they offset one another. I also like the centered composition. It likely feels right to me because of the symmetry between the left and right halves. The water isn’t just pure blue but has several other hues, all of which enriches it visually. It’s a simple composition but all these parts really make it good. Simple yet subtly complex is a good combination imo.

The previous comments were made when viewed by an iphone. Now I think the colors are a bit over the top in saturation. Color is a matter of taste though. This will appeal to those who like strong colors.

What @Igor_Doncov said, though I would reduce the cyan in the water just a little bit. The composition and the rest of the processing are extremely pleasing.

Gerald, I really like the image and especially the composition. I usually stay away from the making the center as main point interest but it works well here IMO. I could see a bit increase in highlight or white to water however. Colors are amazing…

Very strong compositionally and color-wise. I like how you’re able to push color saturation right to the edge of what’s tolerable and not step over the line.

I love the use of complimentary colors in this image! Like Tony said, it’s very strong without being overbearing. I also agree with Adhika in maybe reducing the cyan just a tad. I also like the use of symmetry. Thanks for sharing!

I’m a big fan of symmetry, and I really like your use of of the centered composition here, it works nicely in conjunction with the radial pattern of the water flow below the falls. The triangle shape of the water at the bottom is very powerful computationally as well. And it’s really unusual to see desert and waterfalls together, so this image has a lot of appeal from that perspective too.

Color and saturation are very subjective, and a matter of personal taste. No doubt you will get divided opinions on this one, given the bold orange colors. For my subjective taste, here’s another vote for the orange saturation being too much.