Waterfall Shower

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Visiting Milford Sound in New Zealand can be overwhelming with all the waterfalls you see from the boat. This one caught my eye as the rock jutting out seemed like a head taking a show or maybe I was bombarded with too many waterfalls.

Specific Feedback

Did you imagine a shape in the waterfall or just another waterfall?

Technical Details

Focal Length 35.0 mm
Aperture f/16
Exposure Time (1/45)
ISO 100

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Steve,
Yes I do see the head; it was my first thought even before I read your description. Very cool looking image. The greens are very nice and I like your chosen SS. The strip of water along the bottom works well and helps anchor the scene. Nicely done, I like it.

That’s so cool Steve; it really does look like an alien sticking his head out of the cliff face.

That is a very unusual waterfall.! Nicely seen. My only thought is that the waterfall and rock are perhaps a little bright. I think you’d show a little more texture with the exposure down some.

Ed, John, Will, thanks for checking out this image. I wondered if I only found a head in the waterfall scene.