WC #865 - Monument Valley at Dawn

This is a submission to the “Leading Lines” weekly Challenge #865. I shot this one on a trip to Hunts Mesa with @Kane_Engelbert , Paul Rojas, Mich Rojas, Adam Kavalunas, and Bob Miller. It still is one of my favorite images and certainly one of my best efforts to use leading lines.

Some info:

Sony A7R2
Sony 70-300 FE
f/14, ISO 100, 1/6s, 168mm

6 Likes

Matt, this is a great view of Monument Valley. The sunlight hitting the curving ridges makes this nicely dynamic. Getting a color coordinated sky is a special addition. Easy to see why this is a favorite.

1 Like

That is quite a view of Monument Valley! A warm light delight.

Really beautiful color and light Matt. You are in the right place at the right time to catch those amazing colors and shapes. I really like this one.

Thanks so much! Yes, it was certainly a lucky capture. We spent two mornings trying to get the right light.

Love the Alpen glow (if that’s what it’s called with monuments)

1 Like

Nice one, Matt! I like how the sunlit spots lead the eye from the bottom right corner in a curve up to the towers on the upper right. I also enjoy how the transition between light and dark on those towers lines up with the distant horizon. It kind of gives them a translucent look.

1 Like

Thanks @Cameron_Miller and it’s so great to see you here my friend!