Weekly Challenge High Key-Eastern Kingbird

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/500 sec at f5.6, ISO 500) Crop for comp, Levels, Topaz DeNoise AI, Rubber Stamp to remove several orphaned branch tips on RH side, Shadows and highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Dodging tool on white area on chin and around eye. Same series as from my previous post, different pose, and different crop…Jim

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Jim the white background really sets off the bird and those early spring leaves. The “cleanliness” of the image and the details in the bird give the view an Audubon painting feeling. I’m assuming that this was taken under an overcast, which looks like a way to deal with that white overcast sky that I’ll remember.

1 Like

This works very well for me as a high key image. Bird pose, and green leaves create a nice balance. Well composed.

1 Like

And just as good as the other post, Jim. A beautiful composition.

1 Like