Welford Mulga

Description: Welford is a National Park about a thousand klms west of Brisbane. Deep red sand and mulga trees are key features of the park. This mulga maybe one step past ageing.

Specific Feedback Requested: Comments and criticisms are always welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Basic ACR adjustments. B&W conversion done in PS.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A really good look at this once grand tree. As an alternative presentation, I might crop out the darker sky, as I find doing so makes the mood more bleak and fitting for this one. Great choice on the B&W and well done too.

An excellent study of decrepitude.

What a gorgeous old tree! I love the barren FG, and then the interesting and varied trees in the BG. I love the sky and wouldn’t change a thing!

Nicely framed and lovely b&w tones. The old tree looks as if it is making one last reach up to the sky.

This is wonderfully stark and nicely focused on the old (and I agree probably dead…the final result of aging) tree. The cloudy sky with a bit of clearing at the top add well to the sense of desolation.

excellent tones and the B&W makes this even more barren.
I agree with Bonnie (The old tree looks as if it is making one last reach up to the sky. )