Western Bluebird

We have a couple of family groups of Western Bluebirds coming in mornings and evenings this winter-about 14 in all. This male, identified by the slight gap in its beak, raised at least two broods this summer. The gap seems to be getting better-it was having trouble swallowing for a while, but still managed to feed his youngsters.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A1, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/1600, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in PS & LR CC. Cropped to 4555x5694. Taken October 31st at 8:42 AM.

1 Like

Like the colors and detail here. The perch with the fall leaves complements the bluebird. My personal taste would be to remove the leaves not clearly connected to the perch-middle right and the two upper left.

Hi Dennis
You have a nicely framed Bluebird. The fall leave compliment the Bluebird coloring.
Peter

Lovely detail and colors! What would cause a malformed beak that could get better? That’s something I never thought about.

Lovely image Dennis, complimentary colors on the perch and fine details on the bird. Nice image.

Outstanding warm fall colors here. Excellent pose and diagonal components. If it were mine, I would clone away the shaded part of the perch in the left lower corner along with the single Oakleaf connected to the shaded perch.