Male Western Bluebird

The Bluebirds were starting to hang around the back yard nest box shopping in warm weather recently. This gentleman posed nicely for me one evening.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/1000, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 3600x4596 from a horizontal original. Taken March 3rd at 5:02 PM.

1 Like

What a beauty! What, you couldn’t get him to go a tiny bit higher on that branch so his tail wasn’t cut off? Silly bird. Still, the light is to die for.

Can’t go wrong with Bluebirds, Dennis. Nice perch and a good BG. Well done.

The results from the new camera are turning out first class. Really a nice pose and lovely bg. Nice and sharp and excellent colors. A pretty bird.

Superb color and detail. Might even work as horizontal crop.

Hi @David_Schoen I do have a few frames where he has more of a head turn to our right which would work very well for that crop, but I chose to process this one because it was just marginally the sharpest.

Nice bird, and it stands out great against the background. Indeed, a slight bummer that the tail tip seems to be missing, but what can you do? All in all a very pleasant image. Best, Hans

Hi Dennis
The Bluebird do have a tuff union. Very pretty photograph.
Peter