Juvenile Western Bluebird

Our first batch of Western Bluebirds is old enough to make their presence known. This one was coming to a mealworm feeding.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. Nothing done to this other than feather enhancement, exposure adjustments, noise reduction and cropping.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does the crop work?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE 200-600 @ 448 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/1600, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction with Neat Image, cropped to 5040x3824. Taken this morning at 7:31.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Just beautiful, Dennis. I love the perch he is on, going diagonal across, and his cute “grown up pose” of us. The blue in his feathers is really nice. Great details in them as well. The lichen on perch is certainly a nice bonus, along with that nice soft background. I sure do miss our Eastern Bluebirds this year. Seems our bossy Mockingbirds kept them from nesting with us.

@Shirley_Freeman The perch slant was a total accident. I had it going up and to the left at a fairly gentle angle, but a couple of the Bluebirds landed on it at once and it was knocked askew. I had a couple of frames of partial birds as it rotated down!

1 Like

Pretty little bird. I really like the detail in the feathers. Very distinct but not over done. Sharp image, lovely colors. and a sweet little head turn. Dandy photo.

A beauty Dave. The perch is nice with the diagonal (accident or not) and the pose of the bird is terrific. Nice details. Well done.