Male Western Bluebird

From the same session as the last Bluebird I posted. I liked the pose and was able to get the perch pretty much in the focal plane from this angle.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything you might note.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

The bird might be a little centered, but it felt right to me this way-what do you think?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/800, iso 1250, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. The background was a pale undifferentiated sky, so I pretty much painted in a new one with a couple of different tones of blue. Taken in the front yard at 8:14 am on March 16th.
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Great to have everything in perfect focus.
Nice pose, interesting perch, and clean BG.
Well done!
Sandy

Dennis, not much to add then to say a truly stunning finished image here…:+1:

Excellent!

Agreed, this is pretty much perfect. I probably belong to the camp asking for a sliver more to the left side of the image. By a sliver I mean, really, just a sliver.

Very nice. Bird and perch look great, as does the blue(-ish) sky. My only critique is that I wish the perch were lower so that you had a BG with some color.

Nice one again, Dennis. The bird shows really nicely, which is always tricky against the sky. The twisted shape of the perch in adding an interesting element as well. No nits from me :slight_smile: ! Cheers, Hans

Good pose and detail and an interesting perch. I’m okay with the way you composed it.
P.S. In all the years I’ve had suet out, for the first time a flock of bluebirds are regular visitors.