Female Western Bluebird

Our resident pair of Bluebirds got a pretty early start this year and actually beat the Swallows to nesting. I haven’t looked in the box and won’t, but judging by how just the heads of the parents are going into the box when they feed, I think the youngsters will fledge within the next few days. The female stopped to make sure I wasn’t watching the box on her way to feed yesterday evening.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, fe200-600 @594 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick, f/9, 1/800, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4472x2968. Taken yesterday at 7:24 pm.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wonderful capture Dennis. I really am enjoying the composition but also love the post this little lady landed on, has so much character. Also like how the slightly blue background helps to emphasize the bluebird. Truly great photo.

It is a dandy shot with a nice little head turn. And a bonus to have what look like spider legs poking out. A very nice composition and lovely colors.

Excellent light , pose, and bug. I am enjoying the pointy perch. Eye is pleasing.

A beautiful capture. Nice pose with prey, pleasant BG, good detail.
And a joy to watch the activity around the box, I suppose.

Nothing wrong here: nice pose, background, and perch, and food for the youngsters. Again, I’m impressed with the detail you have here; your techs and setup are spot on.

Everything you need in this photo - sharp details, beautiful background, great perch, nice pose with catchlight and food! Just beautiful.

Excellent shot. It works as a field guide example. Really like the spider legs.

Love this. Bird, prey, perch are all great. I also like the slight dis-uniformity of the BG. Only critique is that the bird looks a hair too sharp?

A very nice capture, Dennis! Nice job with the exposure and the clarity is excellent. The bug is a nice bonus also. Well done!

Nice pose - seems lonely at the top of some pointy mountain. The prey adds quite a lot to the image, nice to see the legs. Must be nice to have such guests around your house :wink: … Cheers, Hans