Western Meadowlark

This morning I got op early and there was ice on my car… still cold here, in Park (CO). The sounds of these birds is such a great way to start the day - and for me, of course an exotic species as well :wink:
Thanks for viewing and any comment.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800 with 500mm f4 | 1/2000 | f7.1 | ISO250 | overexposed 1 1/3 EV | from car

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Good timing and fine calling pose here, Hans. I’m envious of your weather there. It’s sweltering muggy on mornings where we are.

Great pose & detail. I heard a lot of meadowlark calls during a hike yesterday. They do brighten the day! Unfortunately, I wasn’t carrying a lens long enough for a worthwhile shot.

Really excellent light and singing pose. The detail is superb. The background makes it sing.

Hans, a wonderful profile take on this meadowlark. The colors, feather detail, along with the open beak makes for a excellent image. No doubt my favorite avian sounds or trumpeting calls whenever I’m in the field…:+1:

Good singing pose and detail. Like the clean background.

Hi Hans,
Wonderful singing pose and the details are great. Nice background too. A very fine image.

The bird looks great. The stick is the ouch. For myself, man made rusty objects in nature images are truthful, but unnecessary, unattractive, and disrespectful. Tastes vary I get it.
I’ve spent time with these birds, popular at Chatfield state park, CO…they have an ability to focus their call, producing a narrow concentrated beam of sound like a flashlight makes a beam of light. Birds evolved to unbelievable.

A superb singing pose, Hans. I have these birds next door and don’t have this nice a shot. Excellent work.

Thank you Dennis !

www.hansoverduin.nl

Beautiful Hans. Great moment, gorgeous BG and light!
Grt, Ingrid.