Western Sandpiper

Taken the same place as David Schoen’s last post. We went out together for the first time in 15 months and the fall migration was starting to get fairly decent.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A1, FE 200-600, hand held, I don’t have the data handy for the rest, unfortunately. Taken last Thursday morning around 10:30.

2 Likes

Beautiful, Dennis! I love the reflection, it looks very painterly.

1 Like

Excellent Dennis, I like the ripples in the water and the reflection.

Sharp detail and a nice pose with the mouth open.

This is really as sharp as I have seen from the A1 and the 200-600 combo. Well done comp although you could drop the blue saturation a notch.

Nicely done Dennis. Comp is fine and my opinion on the water is leave it as is. The blue provides a lot of contrast and the peep has pop. Well done…Jim

Hi Dennis
I am with Jim on the blue water, I think it helps Sandpiper and its’ reflection stand out. Love the open beak. Nice work.
Peter

Great feather detail and that tongue! Beautifully done.

Wonderful image, I love the reflection and open beak, making the image vivid. Cheers, Hans

Wonderful composition, stunning detail! I wonder if a very slight increase in exposure is worth a look. I love the blue and brown!

Amazing details in the feathers, Dennis. I love how you caught him with his beak open. So glad that you and David were able to get out and shoot together again. I was able to go with my friend up in Maryland for a couple of hours a couple of weeks ago. I still haven’t posted any shots from it. Just so good to get out like that again!