Semi-palmated Sandpiper

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Do the green plants in the background need toning down? Any different compositions that I might consider?

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, hand held, f/8 1/800, iso 1600, aperture priority, pattern metering, -1/3 EV. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to a 9.1 MP vertical from a horizontal original. Taken outside Nome, Alaska on June 9th at 8:52 am.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Dennis, I like the composition and the perch is photogenic in itself. Good detail in the sandpiper. I played around with this in PS and kinda liked darkening the green a bit and I also blurred the background more by going into the camera raw filter in PS and taking the clarity down to -100. The sandpiper seemed to stand out more. But, your shot is quite nice as is.

Thanks, Allen. Interesting how different people use completely different techniques for blurring the background.

Really nice pose perch and background. The lichen adds a very nice bit of color. The crop works very well with respect to the composition.

A beautiful image, Dennis. I really like the perch he is on. The background seems fine to me as it is.