Wet Woodland in Winter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, 1/320 @ f8, ISO 640

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

We have a stretch of wet woodland near my suburban home, crack willows dominating the scene with their leaning branches. Not a spectacular landscape but precious as more and more land is acquired by developers.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Ian, the warm light looks very good. The bit of wetland and the trees create a very inviting sense of place. Looks like a great place to sit quietly or to wander slowly through.

Ian, I like the composition of your image. It gives a good sense of the beauty of this place, Maybe IMHO, if you take away the stump at the left site ,your image will still be more intimate.

I love the warm glow and foreground Ian. It conveys a sense of peace and sense of place.

Ian, I appreciate this type of scene as it is similar to the wet woodlands near my home. They are tough to compose and you did a wonderful job making order if it. The fanning and framing affect of the tree on the left provides a nice strong subject and the warm colors really do capture the mood quite well. I am really enjoying this one!

Ian,

You’ve done a wonderful job of combining and balancing all the elements here. The framing of the tree, the solid anchor at the bottom, the sun-star and the mix of warm a cool tones… all bound together by the warm light. Beautifully captured.

Lon