Where is that nut?

Description: I position my rig almost at ground level and a gray squirrel showed up scrounging in the snow looking for peanuts that were dropped by a careless jay. Although a dirt common animal, I thought that thjs image conveys winter cold and how animals are suited for survival under these conditions. The thick, long hairs on the ears provide a clue that their winter fur coat is up to the task of keeping this squirrel warm.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/2500 sec at f8.0, ISO 2000). DeNoise, Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast. I removed a dark area in the BG (upper LH edge) with the rubber stamp tool.

Is this a composite?

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

So sweet, Jim. Truly am enjoying the detail in the squirrel and snow the bit of definition you’ve gotten in the snow. Nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

Very cute photo, Jim! I love how he’s so buried in the snow! I love squirrels, they’re so funny!

1 Like

It’s a cute subject in harsh winter.
You may add a touch more canvas around it if you like.

1 Like

This one is a cute little guy.

1 Like