Whimbrel

I think the pose is a bit too static and I did have one shot with the Whimbrel looking slightly towards me, but the angle shortened the bill and lost the tail feathers.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1250 at f7.1, -2/3EV; ISO 200

1 Like

I like the use of negative space here. Like the bird is lost in thought or something. As if. I agree that sometimes long billed birds just look too weird face on to the camera. I like how you even got a bit of leg separation here, too.

1 Like

Hi Allen
I like the lighting and eye contact. The coloring detail and background make want to pull up a chair and have great day at the beach.
Peter

1 Like

Allen, This is not too static at all and I would be proud to have it in my collection. Wonderful image. I like the negative space too, as @Kris_Smith said. Well done.

1 Like

Very nice pose on the perfect-colored (and textured) rock. Wonderful detail on the bird. For me, the negative space is too much, with the bird feeling crowded into the corner, but that’s just individual preference. The water itself is lovely so I can’t object to it.

1 Like

While a bit static, the pose looks very noble to me, so it works. I’m with Diane on there being a bit too much space on the right and maybe a tad too little on the left.

1 Like