Whimbrels

In the distance I spotted a small flock of Whimbrels feeding at the tide line, but I realized I was not going to get to them before a couple and their dogs reached them first. As suspected, the dogs caused the Whimbrels to take flight and I was fortunate enough to be up-wind and was able to get a few flight shots.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7d II; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm. 1/1000 at f7.1. ISO 250

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Unusual and creative shot. I particularly like the fact the curved bills on both birds stand out well. While a bit more DOF would have been nice, this is still a wonderful capture.

Very nice pairing of in-flight Whimbrel’s. I like the composition in the background. Agree about depth of field. Still quite pleasing.

Sweet, Allen. I don’t recall seeing a flight shot of this species and getting two of them is really special. Your depth of field and the angle of the birds is great and I really like the breaking wave in the background. Just a very fine image.

1 Like

Allen, I really love the juxtaposition with the waves in the BG. I am thinking the image could be lightened up a little bit as it looks a little dark on my computer.