Whimbrels

Taken on the Oregon coast.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1600 at f6.3. First shot ISO 500; second shot ISO 400 with +1/3EV

5 Likes

Both of the Whimbrel images are excellent with superb detail nice body positions. I think I’m partial to the first image because I like flight shots and there is just enough of the face available to make this a compelling shot. Really excellent work and nice to see you back posting again.

1 Like

Allen: Wonderful flight shot. Wing position is great and nicely captured detail. Good for you.

1 Like

Both shots are excellent, Allen. I find myself agreeing with David on a preference for the flight shot, but I’d take either one. The detail is excellent in both and I love the backgrounds.

1 Like

All said above – wonderful shots with great detail! The flight shot is special, though!

1 Like

Beautiful images! I love the details in the feathers! I just went to the coast the end of April and saw these birds for the first time! They’re really neat!

1 Like

HI Allen
Ok, now you are just showing off. I would love to have taken this photographs, great work.
Peter

1 Like

Beautifully done on both.

1 Like

I like both but prefer the second. While I do prefer birds in flight, I like the head position, the raised leg indicating action and the water on the sand. Knowing that a lot of people are visiting beaches this spring, I’m surprised that there is no evidence of humans (footprints, etc). Must have been very early.

1 Like