White-breasted Nuthatch

A fairly classic pose. Facing into the setting sun. The original background was a bit distracting so I switched in this background from a shot earlier the same day.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm. 1/800 at f6.3; ISO 320

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Allen, yes a classic downward pose in a nice setting for this species. Background replacement looks good to me even though I would check the lower area on the tree edge - I think I might see some artifacts there. Some of the whites looks a little hot behind the eye. Still, a nice catch of this interesting bird - well composed with a fine look of this guy.

Nice classic Nuthatch pose Allen. I like the background and an almost monochromatic look that appeals to me. I do find the hotspot Allen spoke about and I might try and reduce the luminosity.

A beautiful pose and some wonderful light on this bird, Allen. I like the composition and the background works very well with the bird and tree.

Well composed with excellent detail and color. The hotspot is a little more notable in the larger image that the smaller image. Really pleasing quality of light in this shot.