White-crowned Sparrow

The same set-up and shoot as my last post, just a different subject.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 717 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/9, 1/400, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 8720x6048. Just a tiny bit of feather enhancement with the old Topaz Detail 3 plugin. A couple of sunflower seed hulls and one very bright fir needle removed. Taken at 8:57 am on May 10 under cloudy skies.

3 Likes

Another excellent capture, Dennis. Awesome detail in the bird and, as I’ve mentioned on past posts, a gorgeous setting. Great work.

Your set up is a bird-magnet. What a charming shot of what many wouldn’t bother with - a sparrow. But what a lively aspect and such perfect focus. I love the position of the feet. Nicely done.

Dennis, I always enjoy seeing your wonderful natural looking setup, and of course your beautiful shots of birds seeming quite pleased to enjoy what you have provided for them. Excellent capture, with great detail in the bird, as always.

Wonderful setup you have created. It’s an attractive shot all by itself. Excellent detail in the sparrow. Looks as if you have a low angle for these shots.

@Allen_Brooks The angle is pretty low-sometimes almost too so on this setup. The little pool is raised up on a bunch of larger rocks (I think I have a vole living underneath) and I bought a steel framed waiting room chair at surplus and chopped the legs off to get it lower so my camera is probably about 6 inches above the level of this pool and maybe 10-12 feet away.

1 Like

A beautiful shot of the White-crowned sparrow . Love that polished e beak color and detail . I’ve got a feeling you will get a lot of auditions from this spot.