Juvenile White-crowned Sparrow

Lots of youngsters around our property right now and they have such nice fresh plumage that it’s a joy to photography them.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything. I did a fair amount of cleanup and adjustment to the background to mellow it out and clean up a bunch of bird doo.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, tripod with ball head from blind, f/9, 1/200, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Full frame. Taken at 10:09 AM yesterday under heavily overcast skies.

1 Like

Dennis, this is just beautiful. The surroundings for the bird looks so natural, that without knowing it, no one could tell that this isn’t a natural setting that you just found the bird in. The details of the bird, the lighting, and your post processing is excellent. :+1: :+1:

Hi Dennis! I love all the details you got in the feathers, so pretty. I also like the action walking /exploring and such a bright eyed inquisitive look you captured!

As always, your setup compliments the exposure and details you captured in the bird. Nicely done.

Beautifully captured in wonderful light! Sharp and detailed with a lovely setting.

Good feather detail and the perch is photogenic just by itself. Very nice.

Really enjoyable light, detail, pose, and perch. The darker OOF background really works well to highlight the sparrow.