Juvenile White-crowned Sparrow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Madrones are one of my favorite trees in which to photograph birds.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4TC at 700 mm; 1/1000 at f10; ISO 1000. Processed in LR and PS, with slight NR in Topaz. Cloned out some foliage in the direction the bird was looking.

Awww, very cute - the frame makes it feel as though it’s hiding. A scroll crop eliminating the very top down to make it all just the orange stick works quite well to simplify things. You could maybe reduce the yellow luminosity in the perch and maybe just a tiny bit on the breast, but overall it seems normal for the time of day it was taken. Cheery little thing.

1 Like

Hi Allen, I like this view on an interesting perch and nice head turn with catchlight in the eye. Might benefit by the one bright spot on the bird’s chest being toned down some. I also like Kris’ crop suggestion - I think that would tend to put more attention on the bird. A very nice catch overall of a real cutie.

1 Like

Allen, I love the dapple lighting on this cute little bird. I also like the way the branches frame him so nicely. @Kris_Smith provided some nice suggestions, I think. Still a very nice image as presented.

1 Like

Very nice, Allen. I love the Madrone perch. To my eye, it looks like you might want to pull the highlights down a bit above the eye.

1 Like

very pleasing look at this white crowned sparrow. The setting is quite colorful. Agree on toning down the highlights. But a nice image just the same.

1 Like