Whooping Crane Dreams

Dreaming about being able to get out and about again and I went back to my last really major trip in 2017 to see if there was something worthwhile that I hadn’t processed. I liked the head turn and the look this Crane was giving me.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, I think this was hand held balanced on a fence post, but don’t remember for sure. F/8, 1/2500, iso 640, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped from a horizontal original to 2982x3438. Taken at 6:18 pm on March 24, 2017 near Goose Island State Park in Texas.

Hi Dennis, I like this look of the crane. Well capture. Exposure and sharpness looks good throughout. Nice pose. Seems to be looking for food but the eye is still visible. well done.

A nice look at the Whooping Crane Dennis. And well done on the exposure. I grew up in Alberta which was on or very close to the migration route to and from the nesting site in Wood Buffalo National Park. At that time there were 21 or 29 birds left alive. A remarkable story of recovery.

Hi Dennis
You right about the look and head turn, I think the Crane is checking you out. The shot is well framed, with good white control and detail. Nice work.
Peter

Pretty great subject in nice soft light…

Nice look at the crane and like the setting as well. Agree with looking forward to getting out of the area for some birding and bird photography.

Great job on this shot. Nice exposure and pose. And you’ve reminded me that maybe I should add this bird to my list for my upcoming trip to the Gulf. :slight_smile: