Willet

I was able to photograph numerous Willets during my fall beach trip. The light was perfect. For some reason this one jumped out at me as you can see the bird’s foot in the water and the trail as it moved slowly through the shallow water.

Comments and critiques please.

Specific Feedback Requested

Overall comments appreciated.

I liked the visible foot and the reflection in the water.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 Nikon 200-500. ISO 500, F6.3 and 1/3200

1 Like

Hi Andrew
Your right about the sun light, it help set off the eye contact and reflection. Nice photograph. Peter

Hi Andrew! That is so cool to see the foot under the water! Beautiful bird and I absolutely love the wavy reflection. The bird walking and the reflection really adds movement and makes the image come to life! I feel like I’m there.

I like the image, Andrew and the blue ripples . Little more room on the right side would make it better balanced. And I have to say most Willets have gray legs. I’m thinking you captured a Greater Yellowlegs.

Very good, Andrew. I think Stephen is right on the species. I don’t know why, but it seems very easy to forget about the legs when we’re trying to ID a bird. I like the ripples behind the bird, but I do think including them all put the bird too close to the right side of the frame.

Thanks for the information. My first real try at shorebirds in Nags Head.