Willow on the Riverside

Specific Feedback Requested

All C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D7100
Nikon 18-105

5 Likes

Oh my. This is lovely. Was this shot with a slow shutter speed? I’m asking because the water has that look but the branches are perfectly sharp. I suspect not. There is such a lovely color composition here. This is so tranquil. I love this image.

I’ll echo Igor. This is absolutely gorgeous. A fine piece of art that’s very calming to view.

If I were to stretch and look for something to critique, I’d consider darkening down the main branch in the upper left corner. It drew my eye away from the very interesting interaction between the water and the limbs.

But overall, a gorgeous image. Thanks so much for sharing, João.

This is very delicate and peaceful, and quite an artistic image. I think the squarish aspect ratio works really well with this scene, I like the equal spacing of negative space to the right and below. I agree with @Adam_Bolyard about slightly burning the branch in the ULC . Very nice work on this one @joaoquintela

Exquisite. Don’t really know what else to say besides that. It is, as Ed says, so very delicate and the use of negative space serves to accentuate the delicacy and a sense of almost airless calm. For me, I love the softness of the branch in the ULC and would leave it as is, it lends an impressionistic feel.

Wow. This is a lovely image, Joao. This has such a serene peaceful mood to it and would look great hanging on the wall. Great eye to spot this beauty!

@joaoquintela I can only really echo what the others have said. I love this as presented and thank you for sharing this image of stillness and mystery with us.

Definitely eye-catching and interesting. If it were me, I’d try pulling down the shadows in the water. Top notch!

Hello Joao,
This is beautiful! It looks like an impressionistic painting.

Beautiful image, with a great dreamy, tranquil mood. Excellent work.

I really like this image as presented, it has a very calming feeling. No suggestions. Beautiful.

Differing opinions about that ULC branch here - and I am in the group that feels it should stay as is, but it could be the difference in monitors and brightness. If anything, just a slight darkening of it would be all I would consider. I love the delicate gesture of the tree ‘dipping’ in to touch the water, and the tranquility of this scene is wonderful!

Thank you all for your nice comments and suggestions

This is simply gorgeous Joao. I love the lacy quality of the leaves and branches.