Winding Stream

Back into images from Crested Butte which I initially rejected but on second look thought was interesting.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any but composition especially

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
70mm f/11 1/125 iso 400

1 Like

This is a really good image and I hope you get a lot of comments on it. It’s processed perfectly in that the colors are all well shown yet none seem to be pushed to the level of looking artificial. It’s really a straightforward S curve composition yet the brighter yellow green area provides a great visual accent. That’s certainly a good spot for some sunlight.

This image is a little hidden gem Mario, don’t be so ruthless in your standards for what is worth processing. This image is a very interesting study in light, colors and textures, and I think you have done a great job with the composition. I like how the zig-zag of the creek is bookended by shadow areas on both ends. And the repeating triangle shapes are wonderful.

When east coast people like you and I go out west, it’s easy to get seduced by the grand landscapes that we have so little of at home. But I’m glad that you resurrected this one from the cutting room floor, it’s an excellent intimate scene, and expertly processed too.

This is a nice little scene. Processing looks good too, although I would burn or desaturate the brighter area top edge left of center.

THank you @Igor_Doncov @Ed_McGuirk @Harley_Goldman for your comments and suggestions. I thought about buring that small area as well. I saw many small scenes while there but I agree it is easy to be dominated by the grandscapes.

The S-curve makes this for me. It disrupts the otherwise pretty uniform brush. It speaks to the season and winding down and bracing for winter. I agree about the light spots in the top of the background and wonder if you could very slightly bring up the shadows in the ULC. You could also play with dodging and burning in the bushes themselves to sculpt the light that is already creating highlights and shadows there. Lovely depth and muted palette.