Shelter ancient knotted bones -
Young and old as one.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
a7r3, 105mm, f/8, 1/80s, ISO 400

3 Likes

Bonnie, beautiful colors in the image and the haiku gives that extra to it. No remarks , just admiration !

Bonnie, this image has a wonderful dreamy and delicate feeling to it. These cottonwoods are such stately trees. I just love all the curves in the branches of the trees, it adds a lot of vitality to the image. As usual, your soft and gentle color palette works beautifully here.

My only nitpick is that the diagonal limbs in the ULC have a lot of visual weight and tend to pull my eye there. I might consider a crop from the left to minimize their impact. Cropping perhaps just to the left of the vertical tree in the LLC. Alternatively, perhaps not crop and just burn the bright tones in the extreme ULC, they may be as much responsible for pulling my eye there instead of the branches.

Thanks, @Ben_van_der_Sande and @Ed_McGuirk. Ed, yes, I noticed those diagonal branches and decided they didn’t bother me so much. But that might be just wishful thinking on my part. I’ll look at ways to make them less prominent, as I’m a bit loathe to crop this any more.

This is gorgeous! You are channeling Guy Tal! I’d hate to crop it, too – I think lowering the contrast in the UL would be enough.

1 Like

There is a nice flow, motion to tree trunks. I also like the lacy detail of the many branches.

1 Like