Winter forest

In winter chaos
All branches intertwined
Color in summer

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome as always.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

11 Likes

The arrangement of branches feels like a wave crashing. The tones are complimentary, too. Maybe tone down the green in the tree behind on the right? Otherwise a fine study in nature’s complexity and perseverance.

I think this is wonderful. The color palette is great, the complexity of the branches are fascinating, yet soothing. Extremely well seen and captured.

1 Like

This is very nice.
lovelly scene, with some soft light.

This is outstanding Ben, it looks very painterly. The tree also has a very nice “glow” on it, which adds to the painterly look. The warm light and earth tone colors are really beautiful. Who needs “Color in Summer”, these winter colors work just fine for me !

My only suggestion would to very slightly burn the highlights in the upper right corner (URC), to help keep the viewers eye more focused on the center. Do it too much and you would lose the effect of the fog. I would try to make the luminosity of the highlights in the URC more similar to those in the ULC.

Stunning - in mood, in colour both subtle and extravagant. The hiaku and the image are a perfect match.

1 Like

Ben, there is a wonderful interplay of structures and colors for me. Your careful processing conveys the atmosphere in a convincing way to me. I especially like the intriguing dynamics of the composition.

My only suggestion would be clone out the few twigs out of focus in the lower left corner - but this is only a minor matter of course. I appreciate the image a lot as presented.

@Kris_Smith , @Keith_Bauer , @joaoquintela , @Ed_McGuirk , @Kerry_Gordon , @Peter_Richter , Thank you all for your time and suggestions . @Ed_McGuirk I did follow your advice to just slightly burnt highlights in the URC. @Kris_Smith , About the green in the tree I did not alter, Because to me it brings contrast to the overal color. @Peter_Richter , Good seen those twigs, I took some out.
See my rework.

3 Likes

The rework looks good Ben, subtle but nice improvements…

This is a very expressive image, with some nice visual impact.

1 Like

Excellent, Ben. My only suggestion is to warm up the green a bit from cyan to brownish.

1 Like

Incredible subject Ben. I love the painterly feeling this image gives the viewer. The rework looks spot on. I love the mood that the atmosphere gives to this haunting tree. This image wouldn’t work as nicely without the fog. Well seen Ben

1 Like

This is an absolutely gorgeous image, Ben! That tree has so much mood and character and the soft glow created with the subtle light coming through the fog has lent the scene a painterly effect. You took care of my only suggestion when you removed those couple of OOF fallen branches in the LLC. I am really enjoying this woodland scene. Great hiaku BTW.

@Ed_Lowe ,Thank you Ed for your nice comment. I am amazed by your remarks and what you see in the image. I just make it as I think it " feels good" and than it is difficult to say why, But you did analyze it for me . And therefore my big thank’s,
Those haikus are fun to make.