Winter Has Arrived

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Comp OK?

Any pertinent technical details: D500 200-400mm f4 (1/1600 sec at f8.0, Iso 2500); Levels, Topaz Detail, DeNoise, Brightness & Contrast…Jim

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

What a beautiful image, Jim! The snowflakes just add to this already great image. Just icing on the cake. I think the comp looks okay to me. I am still learning, so take that for what it is worth.

Looks like you have your holiday card for next year, Jim. Lot’s of room for a greeting and a perfect winter scene. Beautiful image.

Oh yes, one of those images/scenes on the wish list: a Cardinal in snowfall! Love it, Jim ! Cheers, Hans

Thank you. I have been waiting to get this shot. There was not much light and much brighter conditions would have helped get a better focus on the bird. But we prevailed and the cardinal was able to get some high energy peanuts and safflower seeds for its effort.

On another note, The Northern cardinal may actually get divided into several species. New research has shown that several genetically distinct populations from the Southwest are functioning as independent species from our typical Northern cardinal…Jim

Fantastic winter image, Jim. Male cardinals are excellent to photograph against snow and you have made the best use of this. The miniamlistic composition and elements perfectly suit this shot and techs are spot on.

1 Like

Brilliant colors, cold environment, in focus and composed well. It all works.

1 Like

Agree with everyone else that this is a very nice image. I like the composition. What strikes me are the graceful curved lines of both perch and bird given by this pose.

1 Like