Wired and Tailed

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Went out to the airport and shot a few images looking for something real different. I saw this Plane and the wire fence and took a few shots… As usual for fun and something that caught my eye.

Specific Feedback

Maybe more balance in the sky background … The light was coming in that direction so i left it natural. Maybe more of the fence in the framing but hard to get all the tail section and more of the fence without covering the tail section.

Technical Details

ISO 200 Shutter 500 f14 edit in Photoshop. little bit of warming filter and some burning and dodging … Cleaned it up a little with Spot Repair Tool …

Cool shot. At first I thought the airplane tail was a part of the fence. Some kind of security device.

I had the same impression Jim did, Gill, when I looked at the smaller version, but when I opened it up the tail became clear. I like this as posted. An interesting juxtaposition of the freedom of flight and the restriction inherent in fencing.

Totally cool! You have a great eye for composition! The juxtaposition of the subjects is bizarre, even in the era where airports are security zones suggestive of a banana republic.

The DOF is wonderful, with the fence tack-sharp (I’ll bet it is!) and the tail with good detail. Fascinating lighting! Definitely leave the variations in the BG! Darkening them would make it look totally artificial!

Thanks for showing interest. I’m always looking around for different images and see what I can come up with. :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash:

Cool image. My initial reaction was that this was a crucifix. The barbed wire went well with that impression.

Thanks for showing interest.