Wolf Spider

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Hand held -
Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EF 100 mm f2.8 Macro
1/320, f/5.0, ISO 640

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Marc, this is a fine look at this spider in the moss, with good sharpness on the spider’s face and eyes.

1 Like

Excellent job getting down at the spider’s level, Marc. That face is just great. I’m tempted to say you might have gone with a higher iso and stepped down some more to get more depth of field, but I don’t think you could have gotten the entire spider in focus anyhow.

Thanks Dennis. I’d like to credit for getting down to the spider’s level, but this guy showed me the courtesy of meeting me halfway. This was in a little crevice at about waist level in a stone wall.

Marc, this is an excellent look into the eyes of a Wolf Spider. The green moss surrounding him is a real bonus. Glad that he met you half way so you didn’t have to get down on the ground to capture this. Great shot.

1 Like