Wood Stork (AR) + Original

AR = Artistic Rendition, formerly Photo Art (MY name for it)

Wood Stork In peak breeding plumage
Wokodahatchee Wetlands, Boca Raton, Florida

2008:01:24 09:53:42
D300s then
500mm
Subject dist: 20m
1/1000 sec, f/4.8
Mode: Manual
Metering: Spot
ISO: 200
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off
Fractalius and other filters

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Zowie!!! Sandy, this is a classic winner for me! I like the close crop, wonderful detail/sharpness and unobtrusive background.

There I’ve said it! Thanks for this neat post. I need to visit Florida this year!

Jim

Very good, Sandy. I like what the fractals did to the plumage and the head is almost handsome in this image-not something I usually see in a Wood Stork.

Unusual photo. Great comp and pose with a nice background. I’ve never seen a Wood Stork before or processed with those type filters. Interesting glow.

I like this pose a lot and they are amazing birds…
While I like it as photo art, I would like to see the non fractalius photo.

sure -
Per the exif info, this is the NEXT image of the series I took of the stork, but close enough.

S

There’s something “ethereal” about the processed image Sandy, having all to do with the great rendering of the head and the soft plumage around it and down its chest. I just can’t stop looking at it. There’s very much an other-worldly look to it.

As seen in your following image, it takes a lot of loving to love a wood stork, and no one is ever going to call them ethereal or beautiful. But your photo most certainly qualifies!

I really love this shot/treatment. Stunning. I have to say that I’m a little distracted by such a prominent copyright/info deal at the bottom. Just me.

** I ** think they are gorky, awkwatd, clumsy in landing (just crash into trees and hang on)
and - yes - BEAUTIFUL! :grin:

S