Woodland Mosses

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Photographing these forest interior scenes is like discovering secret places, secret places unknown to man. In fact, it was so secluded that I was afraid of running into a bear and having no way to escape. You are transported to another world. In a way, it was like exploring the jungle growth at Tikal. All is green with light and dark in places.

Specific Feedback

I suppose the brighter areas could be an issue. Are they to you?

Technical Details

GFX 50R, 45-100mm, f/11

3 Likes

Beautiful! I love the blanket of moss. The only bright spot that feels over-bright to me is that bit of log frame left. Maybe burning it a tad, but you don’t want to lose it altogether.

What a lush and inviting scene, Igor. I would just love to lie down in that mossy carpet and fill my senses with “forest.” Great vision here. The only bright areas I would tone down are the road, water, whatever it is, in URC behind the trees.

Igor, I especially like the atmosphere caused by the light. Also the tree in the middle dividing the image in an open and more closed environment . Secret place is the good word for it.

Thank you Ben. I like the light in the center as well. It’s what I was looking for. It’s natural - not created by photoshop vignetting.

2 Likes

I really like this! It looks like a perfect place to spend a hot day on because it feels so cooling and relaxing. I don’t mind the light areas of the fallen tree trunk but I find the light area behind the trees on the very right to be a bit of a distraction.

1 Like

As always, this is nicely composed. Personally, I think the darker areas help to keep the eye engaged in the center of the frame to the main subject. They also add dimension to the image.

You can take the beauty of the nature everywhere. There are so many details to admire in this image. I am always impressed by the neatess and accuracy of your works. Once more I admire you love for the beauties of the nature that you represent in a splendid way.

You could certainly tone down the bright spots along the log in the left center of the image but you don’t want to take it away all together. However, I do find that it competes a little bit with the beautiful light in the center of the image where that dagger is. The vignette you used is wonderful keeping the eye in the center of this piece. You may even want to burn down that bright section of green behind the bright log so the viewer keeps his or her attention on that wonderful center mass. Beautiful woodland image, Igor.