Moss and Fern

Moss and Fern deep pacific forest light.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

The light was changing rapidly so I had to work fast to get images. TME the forest was showing me its profound beauty within its hand.

Technical Details

53mm f/15 0.5 sec Iso 640

Mario, what a great light again to bring those ferns to life.
As a very small nit you could take that light piece of fern at the top middle. It is a bit distracting in my view. Nice work !

1 Like

Nice eye and find here Mario.
Take a look at how much space that dark tree root upper left occupies. That’s a lot of visual weight. Does that object add a lot to your image?

1 Like

Mario,

I really like the arrangement of the three sets of ferns. the light striking them of course is what makes this attractive (or being attracted to I think.) And I think this captures the essence of the rain forest quite well.

I can see what Ben is commenting on along the top edge not a huge deal for me, but you could burn it down a little or other mildly mitigate.

I also see what Matt is eluding too. This also isn’t a huge distract for me - if anything it does add a piece to the overall nature story of the rain forest.

Colors, exposure, contrast all look good!

Lon

1 Like