Woosh like that

This is Opal Creek, a lot of the wilderness old growth as well as the mining town of Jawbone Flats went up in flames in the Apocalypse of the September Oregon fires.
It will be years before people get back into where this photo was taken last year.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D610, 20mm, 1 sec.

So many areas were affected; I worry about Jefferson Park but haven’t heard anything since the fires. Have you been in Eagle Creek since it opened? I haven’t yet, but it’s on my bucket list to check out.

My favorite part of your image is the green; I suppose that’s fitting since it is a common color for opal.

The color of that water looks so inviting. The composition is solid. I just don’t find the dark rocks all that appealing.

Dan, I like your processing, the contrast, colors, and texture in the image are impressive. The image has a very crisp and clean feel to it. The green in the water is really beautiful. My only nitpick is that I wish there was a little more space above at the top, the rock in the URC could use a bit more breathing room. However this looks like the kind of location where there might be something lurking up there that prevents you from doing this.