Worker Bee

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

Still in the desert. Flowers are getting bigger and better. Bees and butterflies hard at work. Covered in pollen.
Just did standard adjustments in LR.
All comments appreciated.
Canon 7D mark ll, Tamron 18-270, 21mm extension tube, ISO 320, 1/1000 sec, f/8, hand held. LR and PSCC.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice catch of this fellow. Love the pollen.
Seems a little bright from here; you might try brining down the brightness a bit.
S

The detail, including that ubiquitous pollen, very sharply caught. A matter of personal preference whether to clone the bud and stem behind the main flower, which maybe add little to the shot. To my eyes the yellows look fine - well captured !

Hi Charliie,
The yellows are fairly bright but do not appear to be blown.
Thios is a syrphid or hover fly and many species in this family mimic bees. The stem does pull my eyes away from the subject…Jim

Charlie: Really nice catch and capture. I do think I would clone away the stem but the BG bud works for me. Nicely done.>=))>

Yellow is hard to get right, but you got it. I would remove the stem in the LRC

Good detail on the hover fly. Even the capturing the pollen clearly. My personal preference on the composition would be to either put the whole flower in the picture or cutting some of the petals off on the left. Agree with others about the stem. The yellows look very natural on my monitor.

Thanks for the feedback. Never knew about hover flies, so learned something. Actually, If I had moved about one foot to the left, the bud in the background would not have been a problem. Better to move my feet and not have to clone things out. All good thoughts.