Yellow flower (rework)

REWORK

ORIGINAL POSTING

One week ago I visited a meadow close to the Rönne å, a small river in Skåne, Sweden to photograph wildflowers. Unfortunately, it was inbetween the spring flowers, and the ones that bloom later. Anyhow, there where some flowers and I came away with this image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No, but in-camera focus stacking
f/2.8, 1/60, ISO 200, Olympus lens macro 60 mm, Olympus camera OM-D E-M1X, tripod, cable release

1 Like

The arrangement of buds is really interesting. The interleaves are so symmetrically placed that it makes it a little mesmerizing. Like it’s an illustration not reality. Very nice find. Shooting it wide open is an interesting choice. Was it because it was breezy? I almost bought that lens…I hear it’s a gem.

I don’t love the yellow below the leaf on the right, but it might be a job getting it cloned out. But the little thread there should be easier. The square crop and the subdued color work well with the subject. Were you aiming straight down? Looks like.

1 Like

A simply enjoyable photo to look at.

1 Like

Ola: It’s hard to judge the scale but I suspect this is a pretty small flower. I like your comp choices and the details in the surrounding leaves. Very nice work. >=))>

1 Like

@_Kris, @Bill_Fach and @Ronald_Murphy thanks for your kind comments.

I used f/2.8 together with focus stacking to have a rather precise control of the DOF. The BG blur is out-of-camera, no post-processing regarding that.

Now deleted! Rework added at the top. Thanks for pointing out the thread, I missed that one. Regarding the yellow part, I was to lazy at the time of the first posting.

Correct!

Yes, it is a pretty small flower, the radius of the yellow part is maybe one inch.

Applause! It’s a beauty. I didn’t realize this was a stack - looks terrific.

1 Like

Lovely and well done. The rework is perfect.

1 Like

Ola: The rework makes an already fine image even better. :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Detail in the flower and leaves is exceptional. No idea of its ID but glad to see one from another area. Your presentation works well.

@Bonnie_Lampley and @Patricia_Brundage thanks for your kind comments. Glad you liked the image.

I like both versions. The comp and light is excellent, and I like how you’ve take a square frame and crated a very dynamic image using diagonals.

I very much like the rework especially for the reasons Tony Kuyper mentioned. Btw is it Lamiastrum galeobdolon?

@Tony_Kuyper and @Igor_Hoveijn thanks for your kind comments.

Sorry, I am not very good at identifying flowers, so I do not know.