Red flower

This image is taken close to Svansjön in Härjedalen, Sweden. It was off course the rock surface that caught my attention. When I saw the red sprig, the composition where given!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/22, 1/10, ISO 100, 14 mm (28 mm equiv.), Olympus lens 7-14 mm, Olympus camera OM-D E-M1 (mft system)

2 Likes

Very nice for you to have seen this. The red really makes this a wonderful image. Have you tried a 180 flip so the red is in the upper left? Nor sure if that works. Just a thought.

Wonderful!

There is so much in this image that it keeps the viewer’s attention for an aeonian time. Then, the focal point is found lingering in a tiny corner of the frame.

The aperture is your friend along with the ISO. No need for stacking, let the lens do the work.

Beautiful!

Namaste

Ola, this is a nice intimate scene. I’m a big fan of lichen, and boy did you find a nice patch of lichen here, the patterns and colors are so good that I think this works well either with or without the red sprig (which is a nice added bonus). I also like the repetition of rock layers and the sense of rhythm that it creates.

I like the panoramic aspect ratio, it fits well with the subject, there is definite horizontal feel to the image. My only minor nitpick is that the ULC is bit soft, there must have been enough depth in the rock to cause this. Here is a rework I did where I gave the image a strong dose of TK Clarity, and then masked it into only the ULC. It’s a subtle change, but I think it helps a bit.

Nature is beautiful ! Especially if you have an eye for it. Fine work, Ola !

I like the layers of the rocks in this image. The various colors and textures add interest throughout the frame. This image would be a good candidate for focus stacking as you do loose some sharpness toward the left hand side of the frame. I’m curious if you took any images that featured the red flower more prominently in the composition.

@Ed_McGuirk, @Brian_Schrayer, @paul_g_wiegman, @Ben_van_der_Sande and @Jim_Gavin thanks for your kind comments.

Thanks for the idea, I have now tested but like the original better.

Agree! I should have used focus stacking, will try to increase the quality with Topaz Labs Sharpen AI applied only in ULC.