Yellow jackets on my porch

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D3400 ISO 100, 1/200 sec, 55-200mm lens FL 55mm with 24mm extension tube and hand held off camera flash and hand held camera

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

That’s okay, I’ll pass on the yellow jackets on my porch. :laughing: I’ve had that happen and suffered the consequences of walking out the door and getting stung on the back of the neck for passing through… :grin: At 55mm + extension tube, you were working very close. This view looks very good, with several of the yellow jackets nicely sharp as well as the cells. Is that an egg at the bottom of the 2nd cell in from the upper left? Nicely captured.

Michael, I love making images of wasps. I did one over the weekend, with a similar sized nest. I was no way able to achieve the dof you have, and great light management. Very vell done
Balan Vinod

yes, you can see several eggs upper left, they look like little pearls and thank you for the comment.

thank you Balan, unfortunately for the wasp this the last photo that will be taken of this nest, I have children and pets.