Another Bee

I took this shot Monday while the weather was nice and warm, the wisteria bush was looking pretty good, and the bees were very busy. Appreciate all comments and critiques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D Mk IV, Canon 180 mm macro lens, handheld. Settings manual except auto ISO, f11, 1/32000, ISO 2500. Edited in LR and Topaz AI Clear.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Shirley, looks like you’ve managed to train the bee to come around when you’re out there taking photos. I really like the yellow color of the bees eyes. When I zoom in close he looks very intent on getting to the wisteria bush. Wonderful capture. Glad you’ve got some sunshine to work with.

1 Like

Shirley: Good flight shot and fine sharpness on the bee. My only suggestion on the overall result would be to make that dark OOF branch in the URC go away. I envy your wisteria. Ours has leafed out like crazy but so far only one flower. :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Shirley, this is a fine catch of this bee in action. I’m enjoying the fact that the initial view is dominated by the cascade of wisteria flowers and finding the bee takes a closer look. The details in the bee are outstanding and the bee’s presence becomes much stronger in the larger views.

2 Likes

Shirley, I love bees and as soon as my huge rhododendron flowers open up, the bees will be all over it. Having tried this in the past I know how difficult it is to catch them in flight and you’ve done a great job of that. Mr. Bee is nice and crisp and you gave him plenty of flight room to the left. All the colors seem very natural too; great capture all around.

1 Like