Enjoying the Wisteria

I’m not sure if the bees or I am enjoying the Wisteria the most. Our bush has the most blooms on it this year than it has for several years, which I think is due to plenty of rain this winter and spring, and so far, no freezing during it’s blooming period. All comments and critiques are welcome. Hope everyone is staying safe.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 180 mm macro lens, handheld. Settings manual except ISO auto. F5, 1/3200, ISO 320. Edited in LR and Topaz AI Clear.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Really wonderful image of your wisteria with the bee Shirley. I like how the bee is very sharp and detail, but the flowering bush is just a soft focus. For me this helps my eyes go directly to the bee. Also like how the bee is off center, makes a more dynamic composition to me. Great capture.

1 Like

Shirley: Your wisteria is ahead of ours although we do have a couple early blooms. Great catch of the bee. I especially like your placement in the frame. Top notch image. >=))>

1 Like

Wonderful photo Shirley. The composition is perfect and the bee did a nice pose for the photograph. The color of the flower really helps with bee photos in the contrast of color.

1 Like

Like others have said the softness of the flowers helps draw the eye to the bee. The color of the flowers helps too. My only suggestion would be to darken the flower to the right of the bee. The flower’s brightness draws my eye away from the bee because they are at the same level and close to each other. The catch light on the bee is great.

1 Like

Shirley, March has been damp and cool here as well, which means that the early bloomers have looked very good for a couple of weeks. Your Wisteria looks good and the focus here on the bee lets it stand out well as the gentle colors of the Wisteria create a very soothing view.

1 Like