Going for the Pollen

I shot this image this afternoon using some good advice from Dean Salman about raising the f-stop and focusing on a certain flower that they seem to be going to, then wait. I manage to get a few more keepers doing it that way. Thank you, Dean.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Amy

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 180 mm macro lens, handheld. Settings manual except ISO auto. F6.3, 1/3200, ISO 1250. Edited in LR, Topaz AI Clear and NIK.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Awesome photo Shirley. The bee came out very well as so have the flowers she was heading to. I am drawn to the bee and the look to the left wondering where she is heading. The post process was done very well indeed. It truly is a beautiful composition.

1 Like

This was well planned with the green background behind the bee and the ss to capture the bee’s wings. A great photo for sure.

1 Like

Shirley, this is an outstanding in-flight catch. The lighting on and details in the bee are terrific, especially all of the facets in it’s eye.

1 Like

Shirley: What Mark said. Love seeing the bee in the window and your overall comp. Good things come to those who wait. >=))>

1 Like