Yellow Rose

Shot a week ago today, indoors.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, EF 100mm macro, f/8, ISO 800, 1/15 sec. Focus stack of probably 20. Very slight adjustments in LR, probably a touch of Texture and Clarity. In PS, noise reduction and some slight retouching in hte UL corner.

1 Like

Diane, I love the hint of wilt here. Excellent macro shot. I also really like the composition and the way the edge meanders through the scene.

Stunning detail, Diane. Just curious, when you focus stacked did you do that manual? And only select the petal rim to be focused? Lovely abstract feel.

Thanks guys! And I have to take it back – this wasn’t a stack. I had done one but liked just this one frame better. I’m glad Zerene gives a unique name to stacks, as after I’m satisfied (or have given up) I delete the raw frames that went into the stack.

But, @linda_mellor, when I do stack I use the focus bracketing feature of my R5 and then do any raw adjustments on the set (deleting any that are in front of or behind the intended range) and export to Zerene Stacker. Before I had the R5 I would just focus manually on the closest detail I wanted and then increment focus manually (on a sturdy tripod) by the smallest amount I could move the focus ring.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks Diane. I am currently working on a similar process with my Nikon. No wall hangers yet, but keep trying.