Another view of the yellow Iris

I managed to shoot something every day last week except one, so I decided for the weekly challenge it would be fun to post one from each corresponding day the previous week. So here is last Sunday, April 17. I only shot this yellow iris that day, but this is a slightly different view than the one I posted in Flora.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, 100mm macro, f/7.1, 1/15 sec, ISO 800. Focus stack, 30 frames. Not much done in raw, slight crop, masked contrast adjustments.

2 Likes

Lovely capture, Diane, and amazing detail! With 30 frames it feels as though you took a photo of each filament. Must admit I am a bit confused, this is an Iris or a yellow rose?

@linda_mellor, thanks for the catch!! Corrected in the text above. You get to see the yellow rose at the end of the week!! (I need to quite trying to do three things at once.)

1 Like

Diane- Can’t wait to see the rose later this week. I so enjoy seeing your flower images and learning about your processing methods. Thanks for sharing.

A rich variety of tones, Diane. Beautifully stacked. And a good composition to boot. At 1/15 sec, do you use a remote shutter release or the timer?

Thanks guys! @Mike_Friel, yes I use a remote release. It’s easier than punching the buttons for the timer then forgetting to turn it off. (Murphy will arrange for the next shot to need to be a fast grab.)

1 Like

@Diane_Miller Beautiful color and detail! I also like the angle that you chose. I think other people had a more exciting week than I did. :smiley: