Yellow Iris

I frequent a provincial park close to my home where some yellow irises bloom in early June each year. I usually stop and enjoy the flowers as most people walk by. They flowers are in a very wet wooded area close to the river. I like the pop of yellow in an otherwise very green environment. I’ve been shoot more wildlife recently and tried some compositions with my 200-600 lens.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome. Just to note that the are a fair number of flowers but access is limited without leaving the trail.

Technical Details

1/25, f/8, iso100. 600mm on full frame mirrorless cropped to 8x10. There is some room to move the flowers a bit to the left or right. Tripod and shutter on timer to reduce vibrations. Processed in LR. Some edge cleanup and high-pass filter sharpening in PS

1 Like

Bryan, the long lens did an excellent job of isolating this Iris flower against the solid green BG. Inclusion of the elongated stem adds nicely to the overall view as well… :cowboy_hat_face:

Wonderful color and background. Well composed.

Bryan, the yellows show very well while being nicely color coordinated with the greens. The water drops are a fine extra touch.

Great catch with the flowers intertwining like that. The 600 lens allowed for a wonderful blurry background. Well done.

1 Like

Wonderful capture, showing off the abilities of a 600mm macro! The flower stem is so beautifully rhythmic.

1 Like