My recent visit to Jupiter

A bloomin’ Irisi in my yard

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 500, 100-400 at 400, f7.1, 1600th, handheld, cloudy, A7R4, 8.2 out of 61 MP or 13.5% of full frame

This is the full APC mode image at 26 MP

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

That is amazing how much detail you can get out of that camera. And the focus is spot on as well. It certainly adds another dimension to photography. Photo is a different take on an Iris and for me it seems to have an other worldly look to it, like a nebulae. I like the nice soft colors and sharpness.

Fascinating and beautiful closeup detail. Great shapes and colors.

David, this is a nice closeup look of an Iris. So much here to enjoy, with all the shapes, lines, and shades of colors. I especially like how the image is split with the yellows on one side, and the purples on the other. The crop works for me.

David, the crop stands up very well and it does a fine job of focusing attention on the details in the iris. The mix of colors looks good also. As I said in a comment earlier about a different iris image, I think I have this same iris, now I’m going to have to spend some time getting up close and personal…

Hi David

A sweet image. Comp on your cropped version is perfect. I like this one and presented…Jim

David: Really good choice on the crop as you eliminated stuff that doesn’t really matter and brought attention to what does. Superb image. >=))>

Yes, I love the cropped image too. Sure looks like an alien landscape with rolling terrain, rough rock/hills, and strange trees. Your title is great!