Iris Flower

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: This Iris Flower was taken with a canon 5d III at f20, 1/200 sec., ISO 400. My interest was the center of the flower with its creamy appearance.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

John, this is really beautiful. I just love the colors, the variation of shades of colors, and the shapes and textures. Great shot. Only thing I suggest, is maybe posting this in the Flora Critique instead. I would be glad to move it for you if you decide to do so, if you need any help with it.

Hi Shirley, Yes I would appreciate you moving this post to Flora Critique.
Thanks,
Wayne

1 Like

I really like this. It caught my eye on the front page. Great colors and detail and well composed. The light is perfect and the sense of depth really draws you into the photo. Excellent job.

John: I took the liberty of beating Shirley to the punch and moved this to Flora. Just frame filling fantastic! I like the comp and the near square crop. Most excellent! :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Very effective and original composition, John. The focus on the secondary petals works beautifully, and the rhythms throughout the frame are delightful.

1 Like

Wonderful colors and details John. The square crop worked very well.

Hi John
I like this , especially the creamy center. It has great color and details throughout.

Since you said you liked it for the creamy center, I wondered what it would look like to isolate that center. So I downloaded and played with it. I hesitated to post it, because I did not mean this as a critique of your original. I did not spend a lot of time on the edit because it was more an exercise of seeing what would happen.

I am posting it here since it is your picture I fooled with. If you would like me to take it down , please message me. At any rate, what I did was ; crop, make a new layer, use heavy Gausian blur on the new layer and then use a mask to blend the two.

Best regards
Kathy

Hi Kathy, it is fine to leave this photo as posted and your rendition is great. I’m going to try to reproduce your results with one of my other macro flower shots. Thanks for your comments.

Wayne

1 Like

Very nice color, detail and excellent composition. Can’t wait for flowers to appear again in my area.

Thanks Patricia, I too want to dust off my flower close up lenses but spend time in my “bird tent” for now.
Wayne