Colorful Flower

I wanted to try the new camera on a flower which was one reason I wanted the camera. I purchased Zerene and the DMAP did a great job, no retouching was needed.

Specific Feedback Requested

I picked a square crop which just cut off the sides.

Technical Details

R6 ii rf 100mm f/2.8 12 photos focus stacked on a tripod. Flower was in the shade. 1/125 f/5.6 iso 1250. Just darken the background and added a little bit saturation on only the flower. Then darken the corners a bit.

1 Like

Unretouched huh? Looks pretty darn good. The slightly ragged petals on the bottom adds a lot of character. So when you say you bought the camera to do this kind of shot, what did you mean exactly? I understand the R6 has been updated, but I’m curious to know. Oh and it’s so clean at that ISO - another marvel of new tech!

Thanks for the feedback, @Kris_Smith. I sold my 6Dii to get a mirrorlessfull frame camera. It’s nice to have the R7 armed with the 100-400 and carry the R6ii with me for the other type of photography with the 100 macro or the 24-240. Like you said the ISO noise seems to be amazing with these newer cameras. I really like Zerene so glad you got me hooked on that.

Ah gotcha, very cool that you’re building the perfect beasts. Stacking is addicting, isn’t it? I am slightly bummed that I didn’t try it sooner, but what the heck.

Dean, I didn’t realize that you now have both the R6II and the R7. Sounds like you have definitely moved over to mirrorless. I still have my 5DII, but wonder if I will just be spoiled with the R5 so that I don’t really use the 5DII that much.

If I ever get to try the stacking, flowers would probably be what I would be most interested in because it will get all the flower in focus, which with most that is about impossible without stacking.

This looks really good. The square crop works well for this subject. It is a pretty flower and you presented it so well. Sounds like you have stacking all figured out. Maybe I will give it a try in the spring/summer.